I built a free forever feedback platform from scratch in Pandemic !
Hey there, sit back, relax, and enjoy the story about how namelss, an anonymous feedback platform was created all from scratch during the COVID pandemic.
Since my full-time job got converted to WFH setup, I was wondering what to with the extra time I am saving these days (ex: office commute time, no self-cooking time, etc). Also, I wanted to learn Clojure and wanted to create a well-structured production-ready app.
So I started looking for a project idea to work on. Just then I found one of my colleagues was struggling to find a tool wherein he can be the single host and invite other people to give feedback in real-time (sort of chatroom ) but all the participants can be anonymous or named based on their personal preferences.
Bang! This was a perfect idea and requirement intersection wherein I could have achieved all that I wanted (side project + Clojure based app).
Within no time I wrote an RFC/ADR doc around the concept. As soon as I felt I have captured basic requirements from the project, I started work on it as well.
In just 2 months, working mostly on weekends and sometimes usual days, I could make it production-ready and here I am launching it today.
- 🙅 No login/auth required by host or participants
- 🎭 Participants can be totally anonymous
- ✈️ Unlimited participants can join
- 📥 The host can export feedbacks/chats as CSV
- 🔒The host can lock room for entry when required participants have joined in.
- ⏳Realtime chatrooms and sessions
- 📱The app is a PWA so it can be installed on any device
- 🔐 Conversations are E2E encrypted
- 🕸️ Minimal UI
- 📟 Open Source
- It helps with :
- People giving feedback can be totally anonymous
- The host can interact and introspect feedback with audience realtime
- No limit on the number of people that can join the same room at a time
- No context of the data being stored
More details in the Github repo here
Please do upvote us on Producthunt if you like the product :
Please do try out the app and let me know what all upcoming features you would love to see.