11 Best Editor for Web Development IDEs trending 2021
I guess you were looking for best editor for web development. Here are top code editors and IDE for software developers with HTML, CSS and JS Support.
Are you a web developer ? This guide of best editor for web development is purely dedicated for you. I agree web development can be achieved merely with some basic text editors also. But the point here is you should not. There are many best ide for web development available in the market, which makes the task easily achievable.
A code editor has too much impact on a developers productivity. It doesn’t matters if you are new geek or an old hands. You can totally agree to me on this point. These editors are life save as compared to text editors.
Its totally up to you to choose either a best free ide for web development or a paid one. However almost all the code editors provide some enriching features for your development. Only in case you need some really smart features , you can go for pro versions.
There are tons of text editors, code editors, IDEs, and more out there in the market for you to choose from. So what is the criteria for picking one ? Do you research based on the best ide for web development mentioned below and choose one, which provides you what you want.
We have a similar guide for python and machine learning developers : Best Python IDE for Machine Learning.
Best Editor for Web Development 2019
1. Atom text editor
Atom is one of the most popular and widely used text-editor among the developers. Its amazing features provides a whole new level of coding experience to the developers. Atom is an open-text editor and free to use.
Because of the intense community support and flexible design this text-editor has gained a lot of supporters. It is for sure one among those best ide for web development out there in the market.
Let us see some more amazing features of this text-editor:
- It is free to download and can be used on Windows, Linux and OS X.
- Atom features a built-in system with which you can install new packages or create a custom package for yourself.
- It supports features like auto-completion of code, Fuzzy Finder, mini map, tree view and many more.
- In addition to this, the Atom text editor also provides facilities like drag and drop with which you can drag a chunk of code and drop it at another place in your file. It also provides multi pane facility to edit and compare the code of various files in your project.
2. Brackets text editor
Let us go through some of the top features of Brackets:
- Like most of the modern text editors, brackets also provide a user-friendly programming environment to the developers.
- Brackets support the live preview feature that helps the programmer to see the changes on the browser instantly as soon as the programmer writes the code.
- The Brackets editor supports a number of keyboard shortcuts and advanced features like split- screen. Also, plugins provide additional support.
3. Visual Studio code ide
Visual Studio Code or popularly known as VS Code is Microsoft’s source code editor. It runs on approximately every operating system like Linux macOS and Windows. VS code combines the functionality of source code editor with developer tooling.
It is faster than most of the text-editors, like in starting up and it also runs frictionlessly. VS Code is one of the best editor for web development . It is a perfect editor for the regular users as it supports a large number of programming languages with great ability to debug.
Some of its listed features are:
- Visual Studio Code supports syntax highlighting ability with different colors, auto-indentation, bracket-matching, and many more.
- It comes with a user-friendly customizing ability with different themes and plugins. One of its most appreciable features is it’s IntelliSense, a code completion aid. It has its own Git view which allows users to run various Git commands.
- VS Code is an open-source project in which anyone can contribute to the continuously growing community on GitHub. Unlike other scenarios that work unusually good without any configuration, VS Code grows with its user and optimize the experience which suits the needs.
- Apart from many features, the Go Live facility helps the developer to see the changes instantly on the web browser.
I guess you would be using Intellij as well , so here is a gift for you : 10 Best Intellij Plugins That Will Make Your Life Better
4. Sublime text editor
The Sublime text editor is a very popular editor within the community of web-developers. It’s a light weight and fast code editor that is packed with plugins and features that most of the developers love.
If you are looking for one of the best text editor for web development , here it is undoubtedly.
Some of the features of Sublime text editor are:
- It has a Python-based plugin application programming interface or API.
- It provides quick navigation to any file, any line, and any symbol. Users can also perform simultaneous editing, that is an interactive change to more than one selected areas.
- The text-editor provides supportive plugins for cross-platform. The spell check functionality corrects spelling automatically as soon as you type.
- The Sublime text editor is available for Windows, OS X as well as Linux.
- Sublime text has an amazing feature of Go to Anything command which gets activated by hitting Ctrl+ P shortcut on the keyboard and last but not least is its auto-saving functionality.
- A new version of Sublime Text called Sublime Text 3 has been released on 29 January 2013 and officially released on 13 September 2017. At first, it was not publicly available for general users but after 28 June 2013, any general user can use it.
One of the cons of the Sublime text editor is that it is not free. But it is free for trial and which will not restrict the users from any of its features. It is also typical while integrating it with Git.
The Notepad++ text-editor is an upgraded version of the default notepad application that comes with Windows operating system. It is a free and open-source editor which is written in C++.
One of the amazing features of Notepad++ is that it is small in size and supports more than 50 programming languages. It usually feature in all the best free ide for web development guides or lists.
Its some of the finest features include:
- Syntax highlighting.
- Markup languages.
- Auto-completion for programming.
- It systematically highlights codes according to the supported schema, multi-document (tab-interface).
- It’s GUI is customizable and many more.
Released in 1991, Vim is a cross-platform solution that has continued to be one of the favorite text-editors for the developers. The text-editor has got a dedicated and large community of its users that create useful updates and new scripts for the platform. Vim is extensible and customizable.
NetBeans is one the most powerful and liked IDE used by the web designers. It has many amazing features that most of the editors provide. Like most of the text-editors, NetBeans is also a free and open-source application.
The NetBeans text editor is available for Mac OS, Windows and Linux too. In addition to this, the NetBeans IDE is also a great Angular JS IDE and an amazing tool to work with Node.js also.
8. Komodo Edit
Komodo edit is another widely popular platform for developers to build attractive and amazing applications. This platform boasts powerful extension options for easier and better coding.
It is one of those best free ide available out there. Komodo Edit supports a wide range of scripting languages and hence this editor can be a perfect platform for your web designing tasks.
Like most of the editors and IDE’s, Komodo Edit also provides basic features that provide a better programming experience like customizable UI, multi-window editing and split view, autocomplete feature.
Some of the other features of this editor are:
- It is available for Linux, Mac OS, and Windows.
- Graphical Debugging for PHP, Python, Node.js, Ruby, etc.
- Add-ons that allows a high level of customization.
- Highlighting and syntax checking detects multiple languages within a file.
- The Komodo Edit automatically indents your code as soon as you type.
- It supports a ton of extensions and plugins which you can install for enhancing the performance.
Do you work with databases as well ? Here is one jackpot for you then : Best NoSQL databases list .
PhpStorm is a coding platform that is developed by JetBrains. This is one of the best coding platforms for the web developers that work with the frameworks of PHP like, Laravel, Magento and many others.
The PhpStorm provides a detailed insight into everything that happens in your application and your code. The user interface of PhpStorm is very easy to use and attractive.
Some cool features of PhpStorm are:
- Error Highlighting.
- Smart code navigator.
- Command-line tools.
- Debugging and Refactoring tools.
- Automatic code completion.
- It is compatible with Linux, Mac OS, and Windows.
10. Light Table
Light table is a customizable, free and open-source IDE that offers a number of modern features like plugin support, command pane, etc. Created by Robert Attorri and Chris Granger.
Some of the amazing features of the Light Table are:
- It is a reactive work surface for the exploration and creation of apps and programs.
- With Light Table, one can bring information to places you need it the most, keep clutter down.
Well if you are a Mac user then TextMate can a be a good option for a text-editor. TextMate is exclusively for the Mac users. This text editor provides amazing features like word completion and auto-indentation. TextMate supports many programming languages.
This text-editor also comes with a special tool that is specifically available for building the Xcode projects.
If you work with MongoDB , you might be interested in this guide as well : How To Install MongoDB Windows
Conclusion on Best Editor for Web Development :
There are a number of text editors available on the internet and they have their own unique features and fan base. There is no best ide for web development as such. It all depends on usage scenarios.
So, choosing a text-editor is the developer’s choice because in the end it’s the developer who has to write the code. All the text-editors discussed above support a user-friendly environment and try to give the best coding experience to the developer.
1 thought on “11 Best Editor for Web Development IDEs trending 2021”
My choice is Codelobster – http://www.codelobster.com